01-5-18-1820
Meetinghouse_Exterior
IMG_2667
DSC01568 b from Kathy Hochul s Post
1927meetinghouse_800
DSC01547
Map of Meetinghouse Grounds
group_lrg
Meetinghouse Exterior 1958
DSC01501
DSC01440 before
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

“Struggle for Women’s Suffrage: Politics and Race” Video Series

Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Racism within the Suffrage Movement - Presented by Laura Free

The Life and Work of Mary Burnett Talbert: Suffragist and Human Rights Advocate - 

Presented by Lillian S. Williams

Suffrage, Race, and Quakers:

Principles v. Pragmatism - 

Presented by Judith Wellman

Black Lives Matter

We agree with other member organizations in the International Coalition of Sites of Conscience that silence in the face of injustice is unacceptable.  As we mourn the death of George Floyd, we join our voices with all others who are calling for peace, justice and equality for all. We look forward to the day when all lives matter in America, and that day will come only when Black Lives Matter. Our mission at The 1816 Farmington Quaker Meetinghouse Museum derives from the 19th century members of the Meetinghouse. A small Quaker community in rural New York witnessed, and often led, reform movements that changed democracy in America—especially for Native Americans, African Americans and women. We keep their legacy alive as we promote the same values and goal today; their legacy is our inspiration and provides our direction.

 

As the African American civil rights leader and Quaker Bayard Rustin once said: “When an individual is protesting society’s refusal to acknowledge his dignity as a human being, his very act of protest confers dignity on him.”  

ABOUT US

A small Quaker community built a simple meetinghouse in rural western New York - and from that vantage point witnessed (and often led) reform movements that changed democracy in nineteenth century America.

ADDRESS

Museum Address:

230 Sheldon Road

Farmington, New York 14425

Mailing Address:
P. O. Box 25053
Farmington, New York 14425

SUBSCRIBE FOR EMAILS

© 2020 by 1816 Farmington Quaker Meetinghouse Museum